• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Greenhouses

zigmark

Silver Member
2012 IBC Section 1103.2.5 states: “Utility buildings. Occupancies in Group U are exempt from the requirements of this chapter other than the following:

1. In agricultural buildings, access is required to paved work areas and areas open to the public.”
Question: Is a commercial greenhouse with a concrete floor required to provide accessible access?.

1103.2.3 Employee work areas.

Spaces and elements within employee work areas shall only be required to comply with Sections 907.9.1.2, 1007 and 1104.3.1and shall be designed and constructed so that individuals with disabilities can approach, enter and exit the work area. Work areas, or portions of work areas, that are less than 300 square feet (30 m2) in area and located 7 inches (178 mm) or more above or below the ground or finish floor where the change in elevation is essential to the function of the space shall be exempt from all requirements.

I agree with steveray on this one.

I recently had a school vocational greenhouse go up which I required access to the main building meet the accessibility so that the students could use the bathrooms. Access between the buildings by way of a sidewalk met the requirements to the greenhouse that has a concrete floor.