• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Happy eclipse day!!

cda

Sawhorse 123
Are you in the good path???

But, mama, that's where the fun is
Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun

Neat

Heard a guy went to outside a 7/11 type store with his welder helmet

Sold a look for a dollar

Made four dollars

Oh no, the eclipse was racist! What's next, an eclipse that is ableist?

Daily Caller said:
he Atlantic, a once-great magazine, has determined that the total eclipse of the sun due to occur on Monday will fail to affect enough black people.

The Atlantic’s very lengthy essay on the failure of the eclipse to occur where a sufficient number of black people reside is entitled “American Blackout.” It clocks in at a remarkable 4,544 words and does not appear to be satire.

Concerning “the Great American Eclipse,” Brooklyn Law School professor Alice Ristroph writes in the rapidly deteriorating magazine, “there live almost no black people” “along most of its path.”

The Atlantic’s longwinded law professor assures readers that “implicit bias of the solar system” is “presumably” not the cause of eclipse’s failure to affect enough black people.

“Still, an eclipse chaser is always tempted to believe that the skies are relaying a message.”¹

¹ http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/20/t...ct-enough-black-people-the-atlantic-suggests/

I had a few of my boy scouts use welding helmets, but I also made them use a few box views that i had made then I had regular viewing glasses for them as well.

Reactions: cda
I drove a few hours down into western Kentucky and saw a beautiful full eclipse. The crickets got loud, stars came out, the moon looked like a black hole with a radiant ring and the 360 degree horizon was golden red.