• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Has anyone read

About 2/3 through it now. Chilling. So far, well written and fact driven. Anyone - EVERYONE - in our industry should read it. I have lost quite a bit of sleep after reading some chapters. I have watched the video many times, but now that I know more of the personal stories, and more facts behind the event, the video is almost too much to watch.

what scare me the most it what happen there is nothing new, 109 yeas ago at the Iroquois Theater, 70 years ago at the Coconut Grove, plus many other the same type of thing happened, flammable furnish, exiting problems, crowed conditions all lead to large loss of life

Also available from Barnes & Noble for the Nook. My girlfriend has wireless,I do not. She can order and send the book to my Nook wirelessly. $10.43, $21.46 in hardcover

I read it and wrote a glowing review for Amazon. The issue that it brings to light is that it was a series of small problems that came together to create a perfect storm. Plenty of blame to go around. Oddly enough, design professionals had nothing to do with the building's problems, but they can learn a lot from this book.

TheCommish said:
what scare me the most it what happen there is nothing new, 109 yeas ago at the Iroquois Theater, 70 years ago at the Coconut Grove, plus many other the same type of thing happened, flammable furnish, exiting problems, crowed conditions all lead to large loss of life
Results in a new code requirement when there is a dramatic lost of lives; remember 9/11/01.

Francis