1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone read

Discussion in 'Association Talk' started by cda, Dec 31, 2012.

1. cda

cda Sawhorse

2. mark handler

mark handler Sawhorse

3. Darren Emery

Darren Emery Registered User

About 2/3 through it now. Chilling. So far, well written and fact driven. Anyone - EVERYONE - in our industry should read it. I have lost quite a bit of sleep after reading some chapters. I have watched the video many times, but now that I know more of the personal stories, and more facts behind the event, the video is almost too much to watch.

4. TheCommish

TheCommish Sawhorse

what scare me the most it what happen there is nothing new, 109 yeas ago at the Iroquois Theater, 70 years ago at the Coconut Grove, plus many other the same type of thing happened, flammable furnish, exiting problems, crowed conditions all lead to large loss of life

5. fireguy

fireguy Gold Member

Also available from Barnes & Noble for the Nook. My girlfriend has wireless,I do not. She can order and send the book to my Nook wirelessly. $10.43, $21.46 in hardcover

6. RLGA

RLGA Sawhorse

I read it and wrote a glowing review for Amazon. The issue that it brings to light is that it was a series of small problems that came together to create a perfect storm. Plenty of blame to go around. Oddly enough, design professionals had nothing to do with the building's problems, but they can learn a lot from this book.

7. FM William Burns

FM William Burns Moderator

A historical reoccurrence in many of the major loss case studies!

8. Francis Vineyard

Francis Vineyard Registered User

Results in a new code requirement when there is a dramatic lost of lives; remember 9/11/01.

Francis

9. Frank

Frank Registered User

A worldwide ongoing saga of stupidity and grief--open flames and pyrotechnics in unsprinklered crowded nightclubs with highly combustible interior finishes and exits comprimized for security.

Top 10 Modern Night Club Fires - Listverse