• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Hawaii Fire chiefs want sprinklers in all new single-family homes

Forensics you are truly pathetic. First of all I am not a contractor of any type. I am the building official for my community and proud of the fact that I played a significant role in getting the sprinkler requirements amended out of the State building code. Working with contractors and senators to get this amended out was an honor and a priviledge. We certainly ran across a few egomanics such as yourself in this fight but ultimately your type just make it to easy. As far as my home is concerned it far exceeds the minimum code requirements in 2000 when it was built well as todays minimum requirements. I would not hesitate to repair/correct/modify anything that I felt put my families well being at risk. Now does that include impact resistant glass in every window? Of course not!! It is only required in very specific locations and I am not advocating its use otherwise. While my home required 7 hardwired smoke detectors I had 10 installed because that is what I wanted. From what I can tell my insulation package should exceed insulation requirements beyond 2015. I also installed solid surface countertops and sinks throughout and underground sprinklers for my lawn. Even a fourth stall on the garage for future toys. Checked into residential sprinklers but the expense meant I would have to give up features I wanted. If I was not going to have those features there was no reason to build or move. So for those who want sprinklers I am all for you installing them. Oh and please keep up your asinine ranting and ridiculous examples of cost,etc. along with the rest of the fire boys. You made winning easy and there is nothing better than winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry beach but I am not interested in the Charlie Sheen mess and the media from the land-of-the-out-of-touch(California) covering it in disgusting detail. I am guessing you do not like my reference to winning, which is typical for many once they in fact lose. But if you were trying to make a point that some things are better than "winning", I would agree. Actually many things are. But winning still beats losing and in the public forum sprinkler advocates are getting crushed.

I really don't care about your reference to winning..... your rant just seemed very familiar, i.e. the Sheen diatribe. Referring to previous posts, you obviously have other issues than just fire sprinklers, which have become amusing if nothing else.

Incognito said..

I am the building official for my community and proud of the fact that I played a significant role in getting the sprinkler requirements amended out of the State building code.

Please try to be at the next funeral for one of your communities children who is a home fire victim and be sure to let them know that you are so proud of your ignorant and foolish stance on the issue.

You dont have the guts to even show up at a fire scene of the subsequent fuberal because .....You Can't handle the truth !!!! (or even recognize it)

Your personal attacks on me only serve to reveal your inability to present a viable argument for your beloved and murderous homebuilder benefactors!

forensics said:
Incognito said..I am the building official for my community and proud of the fact that I played a significant role in getting the sprinkler requirements amended out of the State building code.

Please try to be at the next funeral for one of your communities children who is a home fire victim and be sure to let them know that you are so proud of your ignorant and foolish stance on the issue.

You dont have the guts to even show up at a fire scene of the subsequent fuberal because .....You Can't handle the truth !!!! (or even recognize it)

Your personal attacks on me only serve to reveal your inability to present a viable argument for your beloved and murderous homebuilder benefactors!
You forgot to mention Nazis.

Forensics said:

You go ahead and cling to you ignorant position but rest assured that we dont need a mandate we only need to expose the lies and the give the facts to the homebuying public! We will prevail when people realize they are paying for the builders fire responsibilities and they will demand sprinklers in the new homes!The best way to get the information to the public is to sue the pants off some small local builder who can't afford to defend himself and then use that case to nail the big boys.

This will happen you can bet on it ... so you loose again ... get over it

You will have to come up with some other way to cheapen your housing product cause "this dog ain't gonna hunt !"
Wow. This is just a small excerpt from your incoherant rant, but it is enough for us to know that if you are the face of the sprinkler contingent, we have nothing to worry about. Your rambling diatribe is just an example of why people will stay far, far away from whatever you're pushing.

And what are you going to sue for? Complying with adopted laws? What a joke you are. Let me tell you a little secret: The "homebuying public" doesn't want your snake oil, and as long as they don't, they're going to make sure that zealots and profiteers like you don't foist it upon them.

So spare us the bodybags as well as the rhetoric; you're good for entertainment value and little else.

There are members here that can actually speak intelligently on the subject of RFS, and can actually make a point. Maybe you should take a cue from them, or better yet, consider a different line of work; because your rants expose you as nothing more than the crackpot you are.

Forensics:

You keep using the word "ignorant", do you have any idea as to why some states have fire deaths at a rate 10 times as high as others? Does ignorance have anything to do with it? Is it frying food, smoking, or burning wood?

incognito said:
It would be interesting to know how many sprinkler advocates have installed sprinklers in their existing homes or the existing homes that their grandkids live in. It may be existing but still far less cost to install than a new car, hot tub or boat. And no BS about sprinklers not being required in existing homes, this is the LIVES of YOUR KIDS and GRANDKIDS that are at risk in an unsprinkled home. I'm guessing talk is cheap and most sprinkler advocates are hypocrites.
Not many. All of the ones I have asked said they will sprinkler their next home.