• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Hello Folks

DiDi

I am new to this bulletin board and am curious as to how it works. I am looking forward to participating in clever, insightful and witty code dialog.

DiDi

Welcome and enjoy. The best thing that you can do to make the best of this forum is to participate, ask and answer as many questions as possible. New material is what makes this board more interesting.

DiDi,

Welcome to the Board. We are basically a bunch of professionals from all aspects of the code industry. Building Officials, architects, engimeers, inspectors, planners, homebuilders, industry professionals and what have you.

We are here to answer your code questions.

It would be a great big help if you would indicate in your profile your location and what type of professional you are. That would helpus out in knowing how to answer your qustions.

Again..Welcome...and start asking away!!

Hi DidDi,

Let me echo my colleagues in welcoming you to the forum.

The easiest way to find out what's currently happening is to click on the "What's New" button on the top of the page. If you want to search for any activity on a topic you may be interested in, click on the "Forum" button and then search by category. Once you find a category, you'll need to use the advanced search function since the default only displays what's happened in the last 24 hours.

Hello back DiDi!

Welcome to the board. You should find some very informative, and sometimes contentious, answers to your questions. ;) :)

Sue, on the CA frontier

Welcome aboard DiDi.

LIke people say--ask and be prepared for different takes on the subjects expressed. Answers sometimes depend on designer, builder, homeowner or code enforcer or where one resides.

Welcome Didi, ditto to all the comments above, and I'll add one, sometimes you might need to have thick skin.......

Hey Everone,

Thanks for your friendly replies. This is kind of like Welcome Wagon. Where is the "profile" we fill out?

Mule said:
DiDi,Welcome to the Board. We are basically a bunch of professionals from all aspects of the code industry. Building Officials, architects, engimeers, inspectors, planners, homebuilders, industry professionals and what have you.

We are here to answer your code questions.

It would be a great big help if you would indicate in your profile your location and what type of professional you are. That would helpus out in knowing how to answer your qustions.

Again..Welcome...and start asking away!!
Except for me. I'm just a general pain in the back side! But really. Welcome. This is a good place to be!

jpranch said:
Except for me. I'm just a general pain in the back side! But really. Welcome. This is a good place to be!
JP,

Keep coming up with and sending out the "Cow" cartoons and we will continue to tolerate you. :)

Welcome DiDi

Welcome DiDi!

The rest of you well.....just be careful out there in the affected area with this storm. Hopefully the public will adhere to our warnings and to stay off the roads.

Thunder Snow :(

Welcome aboard DiDi. Clever, insightfut, witty, yes. Cantankerous, contentious and stubborn as well.

FMWB - Affected area? So, everybody except the Florida Keys and Oregon? LOL

Welcome DIDI,

I'm the cantankerous old man; JBI is refering to. :)

Uncle Bob

Welcome aboard DiDi, nice to see your township is on the 2009 ICodes, and I look forward to your involvement with this forum, and, , oh yea, , by all means ASK AWAY with all of those questions you have ; )