• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Help decifering NJ employment posting??

mmmarvel

Staff member
Anyone out there from NJ??? Hard for me to post the listing I find because I don't know what I'm posting. Here are some examples

Building Sub-code Official / Inspector

FULL TIME BUILDING SUBCODE OFFICIAL

MANAGER OF BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION

Under that last one is this:

seeking a full-time Manger of Construction. Under the general direction of the Director of Park Planning & Operations, directs, coordinates and supervises the execution of both in-house and contracted construction activities related to buildings and infrastructure of the Morris County Park Commission in accordance with regulations and procedures established by the Park Commission, local, state and federal Building and Safety Codes. Ability to identify and implement Title II American’s with Disability Act building and site improvements along with managing and supervising suboridinate personnel. A minimum of at least 10 years experience in building trades, and must have been a Journeyman/Carpenter for at least 5 years. They must possess a Building Inspector RCS and Building Inspector ICS certification, along with a valid New Jersey Driver’s license. Possession of a CDL is also desirable

So what is a building inspector RCS and building inspector ICS.

What is sub-code?

I've sort of avoided posting NJ jobs because when I looked into them it just didn't make sense to me. Some help please???