• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Help decifering the exit requirements for an existing industrial building in Chicago

Shadow

Does anyone know how in the world to figure out the number of exit doors required on a 247,000 s.f. existing non hazardous industrial building in Chicago. I am having difficulty trying determine this and the code section 13-160-150 is not clear at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Is this a one story building ??

What are they doing in it??

Sprinkler system I take it??

Need more info than help!

Is this a one story building ??

What are they doing in it??

Sprinkler system I take it??

Need more info than help!

One story industrial non hazard manufacturing. The client wants to see if they can reduce the number of exits so they can utilize more space. Has a sprinkler system and standpipes throughout the building,so 2 water sources. My gut thinks they cannot reduce number of exits. 100 occupants

So how much is office, factory, storage

What occupant load did you come up with??

Plus you have to take travel distance into account

So around 500 by 500 Building or close

So how much is office, factory, storage

What occupant load did you come up with??

Plus you have to take travel distance into account

So around 500 by 500 Building or close

Still working on all of the above. Why does Chicago make it difficult? The IBC is easy.