• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

HELP! Spas and Hot Tubs

darcar

Silver Member
The IRC Appendix G has me in a mobius LOOP!!!

I'm trying to address non permanently installed spas and hot tubs...

AG104.2 states portable spas and hot tubs shall be designed and constructed in conformance with ansi/nspi-6 as listed in Section AG108.

All Section AG108 does is list the standard and send you right back to AG104.2 !!!

I've tried doing an internet search for ansi/nspi-6 but all i find is code text

Anyone?...

OK, now I'm not sure that I understand the problem. It tells you the standard and tells you to go to 108 that has a list of the standards. Those standards are for design and manufacturing so they must be labeled showing that they meet that standard. It is not an installation guide, the manufacturer's installation instructions do that along with all other applicable codes such as electrical, safety, etc.

I don't see a problem here with the way it is written. Basically if they are going to install one of those, it has to be listed and labeled as meeting the standard(s) applicably listed.

FYI: In the 2015 IRC you won't have appendix G anymore. You will need to buy the pool and spa code, now referenced in replacement of the appendix. Perhaps pick up the book now as a reference and familiarize yourself with it. Maybe that will help.

AbigailSwayer said:
Now that is what was required by me. The ICC version was the most important one. Appendix G is one confusing piece of information out there.
Well welcome

Come on in the waters hot

What state are you in?

= = =

darcar,

Did your AHJ specifically adopt the Appendices in the IRC ?..........If

not, then Appendix G cannot be used for a reference.

= = =