• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

How to Make a Hole in the Floor

Carpet in a crawl space being just goofy? Well, I was a bit surprised :D

The best part is that I was an apprentice at the time, and the boss didn't know about the carpet. He just consigned me to the 'dirty work,' while he stood out in the hot sun and fed me the wire we had to pull. Only at the end of the job did he learn how he had given mt the 'cush' part!

Mtn ... all the fancy talk aside, I've never been happy with 'code minimum' accesses, and really prefer to access the crawl (and the attic) from inside the house.

I have carpet in my crawl, protects the barrier and my knees from the rocks underneath. Probably improves the working attitude of service personal; plumbers, electricians, etc. in there too.

Francis

Carpet in the crawls space. Ya'll must get paid a lot more thaan this country boy

Big Mac said:
Carpet in the crawls space. Ya'll must get paid a lot more thaan this country boy
Don't know about getting paid more but at times it's useless to have carpet in the house when the neighborhood kids come over to play . . .

IMG_0021.jpg

Francis

Francis Vineyard said:
Don't know about getting paid more but at times it's useless to have carpet in the house when the neighborhood kids come over to play . . .
IMG_0021.jpg

Francis
Gollie! Francis!

The neighbor's kids might just be too much information, ceptin that the wife an I are headed to the Shenandoah Valley for a weeks vacation tomorrow. Can't never git too many pics of Virginia, even the back yards.

Thanks

Bill