• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

How to write a code proposal

Well God spoke to me today,

The Pastor said there is way out from temptation,

He said, see all those exit signs, they are a way out of the room, So think of the word "temptation exit" there is a way out.

Well not sure if I am being told don"t mess with exit signs with extra words??????

So will keep on plugging, and see if I get direction.

So in refining the Code Proposal,

What if::: yea

What if you walk into a new say big box store, and say it has six separate spaced Required Exits.

The Main exit plus five others.

So you start walking, and you see at the other five Required Exits a sign:: With Exit signs above the door::

""" Do not Use
Go to front exit"""

So in refining the Code Proposal,
What if::: yea
What if you walk into a new say big box store, and say it has six separate spaced Required Exits.
The Main exit plus five others.
So you start walking, and you see at the other five Required Exits a sign:: With Exit signs above the door::
""" Do not Use
Go to front exit"""

That's why they are posted "Emergency exit only; Alarm will sound."
You do not need to regulate that it is common sense
That is the problem with the code; it is regulating things that are not an issue.
"Emergency exit only" is not an issue.

Well I heard this today, from someone that works in a Fire Marshals office.

Talking about a sold out concert, and everyone trying to get out, and being herded to one main exit.

""Well there are other exits"

"But, those are only for Emergencies"

" If someone were to set off a fire sprinkler, than they could be used"

What ??? Huh???

Some words just should not be associated with EXIT