• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

I R a XT Plumber

Keystone

Sawhorse
Because cross connecting gas lines, like oxygen/nitrogen, can kill people.

Well duhhh. Again they test at a competent level just as I have and I’m going out on a limb here based on your comment but you did as well. So have you approved that type of cross connection or did your competency test prevent that, rhetorical question!

Last edited:

Keystone

Sawhorse
Add
Not "all" plumbers employees are "licensed", just as most CM's lack licenses and trade experience (working under a GC's license who rarely walks their jobs)
Inspectors are often our only line of defense against them.

Did I write licensed or unlicensed. Read again and learn to think for yourself, stop being a cheer leader for Kyle B or anyone’s else for that matter.....

Last edited:

Kyle B

Well duhhh. Again they test at a competent level just as I have and I’m going out on a limb here based on your comment but you did as well. So have you approved that type of cross connection or did your competency test prevent that, rhetorical question!
I'm a medical gas installer, all of our work has to be approved by a third party verifier called an ASSE 6030 Verifier, regardless of competent we are. The issue that just happened in Georgia with the Nitrogen leak is a good example of why third party certifications and inspections are a good thing.