• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

IAEI (International Association of Electrical Inspectors)

jar546

Forum Coordinator
After a 3 year hiatus from this association, I renewed my membership. I don't want to make this sound like a paid advertisement, which is is absolutely not, but my absence from this organization made me realize just how valuable it is.

If you really want to keep up on all aspects of the electrical code, this is the association to belong to more than any other and here is why:

1) Regular monthly meeting with other inspectors and electricians. Most of the members are electricians and although they are in a different membership class, they are learning right along side you. I have found out that it is the electricians that you see at these meetings that to the best work and have a better respect for the inspection process.

2) Training. Every month involves some level or training whether it be a formal presentation or an equipment manufacturer reviewing their product(s). This has been extremely helpful. In addition, most local chapters hold at least 1 or 2 major training events per year bringing in well known, names to teach.

3) The IAEI Magazine. Getting this magazine delivered and available online is a fantastic resource. It give you very good detailed information on many subjects, including those that we rarely see. The articles are well written and technical.

4) A new code book for free whenever you renew your membership 3 consecutive times. In addition, you get a pretty good discount on code books and other training materials.

5) Easier access to participate in the code development process.

Well, there are my 5 and I am sure there are more. Who else belongs and participates regularly?

One of my electrical inspectors is heavily involved with the Western Section, served on the Board, through Past President....and is serving again.