• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Alive and Thriving

RJJ

Co-Founder
Well today around 2:30 I broke down and called ICC for some new code books. I realized that some of my books had become out dated and starting to miss some pages.:butt

When I place the call I was on hold for a while, finally, a nice lady came on to take my order. After a few moments and repeating my ID#'s her response was I can't get on the system.

I will have to take your order on paper and call you back with a purchase #. It is now just about 5:00 and have received a conformation # and that my order has been placed.

Well I guess in ten days I will find out.

What a way to run a code group! :D

You called? I actually was pleasantly pleased last week. Ordered a book from them, on-line, had it in my office in about 5 days. Have had good luck with the last couple orders, even a return. Course, that's a money-maker for them............

brudgers said:
I order my code books through Amazon.Then again, I ain't an ICC member.
Ben you can still order through ICC. You just have to pay the non-member price.

You might also try BNI code books. I don't think they're much cheaper (if at all) but its another source.

I doubt you can buy them any cheaper anywhere other than ICC, since they are the supplier. Might get a better deal on shipping, ICC is a bit pricey, I think it was $11 for a smaller book.

fatboy said:
I doubt you can buy them any cheaper anywhere other than ICC, since they are the supplier. Might get a better deal on shipping, ICC is a bit pricey, I think it was $11 for a smaller book.
Doubt away, Amazon is substantially cheaper unless you are an ICC member (and don't factor in membership cost).

Didn't correct me, my situation is still exactly the same. I was merely stating that it was a good thing that you are happy with your deal. ;)

Ebay even cheaper bough the 2009 IBC, IRC, IMC, IPC, IEBC, IFC and Green construction, ICC 600-2008, the PMC, and Storm shelters for $150.00 on a buy it now last year! all new still wrapped, all had a sticker on the front "display copy" all were complete.

bgingras said:
Ebay even cheaper bough the 2009 IBC, IRC, IMC, IPC, IEBC, IFC and Green construction, ICC 600-2008, the PMC, and Storm shelters for $150.00 on a buy it now last year! all new still wrapped, all had a sticker on the front "display copy" all were complete.
Score!

I downloaded from the free website, no cash to buy a full set of code books this year. Times are tough.......We're lean and mean..........

Alias said:
Ditto here - ordered The "Basics" books for IRC, IBC, fire. I have had good luck ordering online.
These won't work for you Sue?

2010----http://publicecodes.citation.com/st/ca/st/CA-P-2010-000008.htm

2007-----http://publicecodes.citation.com/st/ca/st/CA-P-2007-999999.htm