1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

ICC and the new "Badges"

Discussion in 'Association Talk' started by Ty J., Apr 22, 2020.

1. Ty J.

Ty J. Sawhorse

Anyone else notice the ICC is quietly rolling out a new "Badges" feature?

This follows up with ICC no longer mailing out paper wall certificates. $145+ test and it is "too expensive" to mail out a wall certificate. Not sure what the deal is, but I am speculating that wall certificates may be on the way out and the new "badges" will try to get more folks over to ICC's website.

ICC's Publication - https://www.iccsafe.org/professional-development/digital-badging/

2. Keystone

Keystone Registered User

Can you at least still print out a wall certificate???

3. Keystone

Keystone Registered User

Taking my resume to a new level, 13 pages, 1 page per badge. Yippie!!!!

jj1289 likes this.
  4. cda

cda Sawhorse

Ty J. and jar546 like this.
  5. Sifu

Sifu Gold Member

I got an email about these things too. Looked to me like we could get some sort of boy scout merit badge, maybe we could pin them on our shirts?? I wonder where this came from and why as well.

6. cda

cda Sawhorse

Save a tree

save a stamp

save an email

Can copy and paste them on your resume

Etc

7. Pcinspector1

Pcinspector1 Platinum Member

They'll probably need to rent an office space, hire a director, an assistant director, a couple of secretaries, some phone grunts, government liaison and raise our dues for this badge program? or maybe they all ready did that?

The cow was out of code books when I placed my order, maybe they should set up shop in Washington?:rolleyes:

Watch, admin will want these badges on a hat or jacket and require you to wear them when doing inspection, that way the contractors will no who to through rotten tomatoes at when you leave the building site, kinda like a bullseye!

A bit grumpy this morning, some would accuse me of being an inspector, "what's up his skirt today?"

8. mtlogcabin

mtlogcabin Registered User

Instead o'f a "Show Me" wall in your office where only the people who enter your office will see them you can now create a "Show Me" on everything you do electronically.

9. mtlogcabin

mtlogcabin Registered User

Yes you can do that at myicc

Keystone likes this.