• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Building Official Council

curious how they created this new "council" and how they recruited for the members. Most of the members have hung around in the model code groups/ICC for some time. Keep us posted if they actually do something.

Yankee said:
Well, did you apply?
Would have if I would have known about it. Seems like half the stuff ICC does I find out about on this board. They just do not do a good job of communicating with their membership. I would guess they had a core group identified before the applications were even availible.

Min&Max said:
Would have if I would have known about it. Seems like half the stuff ICC does I find out about on this board. They just do not do a good job of communicating with their membership. I would guess they had a core group identified before the applications were even availible.
I believe that this was put out in one of their their email announcements. . . it's tough, but one has to actually read through all the stuff to find the one or two things of interest. and that would be a good topic for the Code Official subcommittee to address.

peach said:
curious how they created this new "council" and how they recruited for the members. Most of the members have hung around in the model code groups/ICC for some time. Keep us posted if they actually do something.
Yes they have, but at least they have been involved. There are a couple members I know that have a genuine interest in representing the building official side of the membership. Every ICC member should have received the "call for committees" notice a few months back.

Was this "council" on the call for committees? I don't recall seeing it (I did resubmit for my current interpretations slot again).

Thanks

Yes. It went out with the call for committees. I didn't apply but did reapply for the MOE committee.

I happened to see the call for applications a week or two ago on the ICC website. I applied. No idea what this will entail, but I'm game!

Darren