• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC's new code forum announced

DRP said:
I can appreciate that, what architect wants to hear a lowly carpenter telling him that his ideas are gay. He wants another architect to tell him.
I, as an architect, have learned that although other architects can find issues with anything that I've drawn, it's the "simple carpenter" who has taught me much about how projects are built. It is incumbent upon me to make sure that I've thought through how my design can be built BEFORE it gets out to the jobsite.

I don't know everything - nor will I - but I love hearing a contractor and/or a sub commenting that my plans were drawn by someone who understands construction!

beach said:
In some parts of our country, the word "Gay" doesn't nessessarily mean homosexual .... I don't think "DRP" meant that the architects ideas had homosexual tendencies. Though, some people are more sensitive to that word than others, and he probably should have chosen another description
Sorry but I'm calling BS on that.

Sorry but I'm calling BS on that.
You are free to do as you please, and your championing for minorities is a noble cause.... unless you make it appear that they can't champion for themselves, or you miscontrue intent......

Admittedly, it's a juvenile word and it originated from homophobia.... but you can obviously see that DRP was referring to something "stupid" that the architect thought of...... unless of course, it was the thought of an architect doing something stupid that ruffled you feathers....

http://www.inspectpa.com/forum/#

beach said:
In some parts of our country, the word "Gay" doesn't nessessarily mean homosexual .... I don't think "DRP" meant that the architects ideas had homosexual tendencies. Though, some people are more sensitive to that word than others, and he probably should have chosen another description
In the rest of the country, the word gay, if used in certain context, could cause a sh!t storm. Gay has but one immediate connotation. Sh!t on the other hand, (don't be alarmed, I have baby wipes) has a dozen. And just like dough-nuts, we know the variety.

I noticed another post that gave several meanings for the word and perhaps DRP is a word-smith with that knowledge. On the other hand, (here, take another wipe) it could have been a Freudian slip or a brain fart.

Whatever the reason, I laughed when I read brudgers' post.

I am a bit surprised with his position, what with him wearing the collar and all.

I reckon he did it for the laugh.

Tiger

Last edited by a moderator:
beach said:
You are free to do as you please, and your championing for minorities is a noble cause.... unless you make it appear that they can't champion for themselves, or you miscontrue intent...... Admittedly, it's a juvenile word and it originated from homophobia.... but you can obviously see that DRP was referring to something "stupid" that the architect thought of...... unless of course, it was the thought of an architect doing something stupid that ruffled you feathers.... http://www.inspectpa.com/forum/#
BS + more BS to explain it = BS

beach said:
I enjoy these games! (which are more interesting than looking at pictures of obvious, common code violations!)
Come to think of it, me too.

Besides that, most of the pictures here aren't interesting to me at all, since I took them.

What was I thinking, posting common code violations.

Dare I say, I'm feeling gay. (3. often used to describe something stupid or unfortunate)

Oh I'm gay alright. (1. jovial or happy, good-spirited)

I am reminded of all the neophytes that have yet to realize that the violations I have posted are common. Now they know.

Careful what you say! If I told you to go "puff on a fag", some people might take offense and think I was telling you to do something other than smoke a cigarette in England!!!!! (But those people have dirty minds....)

No offense regarding the pictures, I don't have to look at them if I don't want to!

beach said:
Careful what you say! If I told you to go "puff on a fag", some people might take offense and think I was telling you to do something other than smoke a cigarette in England!!!!! (But those people have dirty minds....)No offense regarding the pictures, I don't have to look at them if I don't want to!
No offense taken. I used to reside in England. And the pictures, well to each his own and they probably won't get any better.

Here's one you don't see every day.

ShowLetter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, I can't view your pictures on this computer.... but I can on my Ipad. It must be some kind of filter or the way the pics are loaded because I can view other pictures.....Now that's a good picture, although unrelated to this board.....:cheers

beach said:
For some reason, I can't view your pictures on this computer.... but I can on my Ipad. It must be some kind of filter or the way the pics are loaded because I can view other pictures.....Now that's a good picture, although unrelated to this board.....:cheers
There might be a few here that are related. To both the crocodile and the antelope.

Brudgers... pc?, pffft

Your ideas are gay

See you on the playground :) .

MtnArch said:
I, as an architect, have learned that although other architects can find issues with anything that I've drawn, it's the "simple carpenter" who has taught me much about how projects are built. It is incumbent upon me to make sure that I've thought through how my design can be built BEFORE it gets out to the jobsite.I don't know everything - nor will I - but I love hearing a contractor and/or a sub commenting that my plans were drawn by someone who understands construction!
Alan, my comment was tongue in cheek. There may be times when you wish to communicate directly with your peers without having unqualified comments from any and everyone. These private rooms were proposed to allow that communication. We are all free to communicate in the open forum. My experience with these areas of forums is that there will be a few set up initially but most will die away from lack of activity over time, most people want input from the entire group and will sort through the responses themselves.

DRP said:
Alan, my comment was tongue in cheek. There may be times when you wish to communicate directly with your peers without having unqualified comments from any and everyone. These private rooms were proposed to allow that communication. We are all free to communicate in the open forum. My experience with these areas of forums is that there will be a few set up initially but most will die away from lack of activity over time, most people want input from the entire group and will sort through the responses themselves.
You know your forums. That's the way it works here. There is a grand total of 35 threads in the private area. I don't think I have posted there at all.

DRP said:
Brudgers... pc?, pffft Your ideas are gay See you on the playground :) .
Seeing how ****ing stupid your posts are...Not surprised that you are actively involved with the ICC's forum strategy.

I seem to be the chosen victim of your personal attacks this week, oh joy. It's termed borderline personality disorder. I'd ask you to grow up but that ain't gonna happen, it's untreatable. You'll cycle around, pick another victim, get bored and come around again. What is this, our third cycle? Pretty sad actually.

DRP said:
I seem to be the chosen victim of your personal attacks this week, oh joy. It's termed borderline personality disorder. I'd ask you to grow up but that ain't gonna happen, it's untreatable. You'll cycle around, pick another victim, get bored and come around again. What is this, our third cycle? Pretty sad actually.
Oh how quickly the "I'm not PC" butch becomes an "I'm a victim" bottom. It's called "repression."

Code knowledge is code knowledge.. the more we participate, the more we learn.. I haven't had the time to visit ICC's new site much... or Packsaddle's either.

Only 29 hours in the day.