• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

If one is good, then two are better?

< &

My guess would be someone chose to use the parts that

were available on the truck, rather than go purchase the

correct materials.

$ >

three would be best

MikeC said:
Here is another one I found today. One of these days I might understand what would cause someone to do something like this ......View attachment 1642
It is obvious that if the drain is "backing up" one should add bends and traps at all cost in order to restrict the "back flow".

Yes I really was told that once by a home owner when I was noticing a similar install had three traps jury rigged with one upside down like a big sine wave very much like the last image above. I am not a plumber and I knew that's a joke. I just shook my head and went back to work on the range hood feed. :confused:

They do, but unfortunately (sometimes), they allow homeowners to do their own work.......... :eek: