• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Inflatable Pool

bnolen

This may be somewhat difficult to see, but it is an inflatable pool capable of holding 24" of water at the bottom of the top air filled ring. Measured it myself and water is 24" . These things pop up every summer and can drive you crazy. Who all requires permits required for these things? On the 2010 Florida Building Code/Residential. Hopefully, the pic came through. Thanks now.

View attachment 2048

View attachment 2048

/monthly_2014_04/inflatable.jpg.5f161b0067dc3dd6302ce90c100a8d64.jpg

We require a building permit for"fence and gates". I've never experienced that. There was one in a front yard with no fence. It had a metal frame that supported a vinyl shell. When I informed the owner that it had to go away that day, he pulled out a pocket knife and slit the side. It was gone that minute.

IRC, R105.2 (7) exempted from permit if under 24" deep. Get your tape out and go measure it when grandma's are in it, bet the phone rings at City Hall after you leave. Watch out for flying pool toys as you leave, you big bully!

Once was cussed out by a four year old, she new more dirty words thans a code official!

pc1

* * ( ) * *

"Do overhead conductors only apply to permitted pools?"
IMO, ...No, not in a real world application.........The electricity won't careabout any permits when it comes in to contact with something or someone.

See Article 680.8(A) in the `08 NEC & Section E4203.6 in the `12 IRC.

The BO or the FCO could use Ch. 42 [ in the IRC ] to require compliance.

* * ( ) * *

When I informed the owner that it had to go away that day, he pulled out a pocket knife and slit the side. It was gone that minute.
Sounds like he did not want the pool in the first place! :-D