• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Inspections software for small jurisdiction

CBOGUY

Anyone knows a good building Inspection software for a jurisdiction of less than 10;000 residents And two inspectors? I Would like to use a tablet for field inspections.

Thank you,
CBO

We almost fit your criteria. 2 inspectors. 18000+ people. We use Mygov. It functions on tablets and phones fairly well. We have gone paperless from a records perspective with it.

I think Avolve/ProjectDox prices itself based on the size of the jurisdiction so they may be an option. I haven't used it put they have pitched us and I liked it. We aren't much bigger in population than you, but we are mostly a business district.

I think Avolve/ProjectDox prices itself based on the size of the jurisdiction so they may be an option. I haven't used it put they have pitched us and I liked it. We aren't much bigger in population than you, but we are mostly a business district.

Viewpoint/ Viewpermit I think you can pay by the record as well....

We almost fit your criteria. 2 inspectors. 18000+ people. We use Mygov. It functions on tablets and phones fairly well. We have gone paperless from a records perspective with it.
Can you share some thoughts on how much you spent on this?

I am in a jurisdiction that has not set aside any funds

Can you share some thoughts on how much you spent on this?

I am in a jurisdiction that has not set aside any funds
Initial set up was a couple thousand dollars. It's a subscription base, so the ongoing costs are billed month to month. It's cloud based, so you can log in anywhere you have a web browser and an internet connection. Their up-time has been great in the 7 years we've been using them and they actually pro-rate any downtime they have. It's only happened once for less than 5 minutes for us.