• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

International Association of Building Officials

I for one am very glad to see this. I think it is a step in the right direction, but support is needed to succeed. It would be nice to have an organization that supported us as Building Officials like the IAFF supports it Fire Fighter members. We don't have the support or Organization until now. :)

I hear you all. I have been talking to building code officials from Maine to Key West, from Calfornia to Kansas, Rode Island to Arizona and all points inbetween. Not to beat a dead horse but I hear you all. The number one thing I have heard from our membership is that Building Code Officials feel that they DO NOT HAVE A VOICE. Period + nothing. I know because I feel ("feel" that word makes me want to hurl) the same way. Look ladies & gents, I'm running for the ICC Board of Directors. I hear you. There are many that do not. Vote for me. Say is straight. I don't know any other way. I'm hoping that the new council can be successful but I doubt it. I do not see anything wrong with IABO. This could be a good thing asuring our rightfull place at the table. But at this time I would like to give the new council created by the ICC a chance. But the time is short.

So, OK here it is, the second most thing I have heard from the membership is electronic voting. I swear electronic voting for the board of directors WILL happen before the 2012 annual business meeting in Portland. Ya, just another campaign promise. The ENTIRE membership has to have a vote and a voice. The technology IS ALREADY THERE. Remote voting on the code change hearings is another challenge. But I'll be darn if it will take till 2018!!! Wow, end of rant. Just wanted all to know where I stand for better or worst.

Last edited by a moderator: