• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Is an ATM a vending machine?

I'm not looking at a permanently installed ATM, it's a plug in ATM inside a building.

1. Is it a vending machine per definition?

2015 NEC definition:
Any self-service device that dispenses products or merchandise without the necessity of replenishing the device between each vending operation and is designed to require insertion of coin, paper currency, token, card, key, or receipt of payment by other means.

2. The cord or plug could have been replaced, how can I be sure?

3. Should I fail it if it is missing the cord or plug GFCI if it is less than 10 years old even if UL labeled?

4. same as #2 but it's on a GFCI outlet?

422.51 Vending Machines.
(A) Cord-and Plug-Connected. Cord-and plug-connected vending machines manufactured or remanufactured on or after January 1, 2005, shall include a ground-fault circuit interrupter as an integral part of the attachment plug or be located within 300 mm (12 in.) of the attachment plug. Older vending machines manufactured or remanufactured prior to January 1, 2005, shall be connected to a GFCI protected outlet

I'm not looking at a permanently installed ATM, it's a plug in ATM inside a building.
1. Is it a vending machine per definition?

In as much as there are people advocating for yes and no you will have to decide that yourself.