• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

I've got questions here

ICE

Oh Well
1. The forum statistics box says that there are 236 active members. Can someone tell me what constitutes an active member?

2. I used to be able to zoom in on a picture with two fingers on my IPad ...that doesn't work now. Can that be fixed?

3. I also notice that the "What's going on" box isn't there on my laptop but it is on my iPad. How do I fix that?

1. The forum statistics box says that there are 236 active members. Can someone tell me what constitutes an active member?2. I used to be able to zoom in on a picture with two fingers on my IPad ...that doesn't work now. Can that be fixed?

3. I also notice that the "What's going on" box isn't there on my laptop but it is on my iPad. How do I fix that?
1) I've answered you twice already on 2 different posts you made with the same question.

2) I'll look into that on Monday

3) I'll look into that on Monday. iPad may be using the mobile version.

1) I've answered you twice already on 2 different posts you made with the same question.
Who says that I'm talking to you. Twice you told me that you don't know.

Two and three are definitely for you. An *****istrator is the top guy right?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The forum statistics box says that there are 236 active members. Can someone tell me what constitutes an active member?2. I used to be able to zoom in on a picture with two fingers on my IPad ...that doesn't work now. Can that be fixed?

Well I see Vegas Paul is a "Silver Member"

1. The forum statistics box says that there are 236 active members. Can someone tell me what constitutes an active member?
People who have logged-in in the past 30 days unless this is changed by the administrator

People who have logged-in in the past 30 days unless this is changed by the administrator
Thanks. That has dropped 18 points in two days. It is a smaller group than I thought. 3% of the members have been here in the last thirty days.

Last edited by a moderator:
\ said:
3% of the members have been here in the last thirty days.
Jeff is always complaining that Sawhorses aren't renewing, it's no wonder that they aren't renewing if only 3% of us are using it at least once per month.

there are still some of us sawhorses who look at this forum daily or more often but only post a couple of times per year. Statistics what are they good for? Personally I think the forum is a valuable tool even if I am a statistic that shows I am not actively participating.

Jeff is always complaining that Sawhorses aren't renewing, it's no wonder that they aren't renewing if only 3% of us are using it at least once per month.
To be fair, Jeff might have changed this to a different time interval and some members might visit the site more often, but only log in if want to post. These people would be identified as visitors in the statistics, even though they are actually members.

Yesterday we had 1,766 sessions which basically means visits. Those sessions "visits" were made by 1,600 people (some people have multiple sessions in one day). Those numbers are right on for a typical Monday now that we are out of the holidays. Tuesday appears to be the most activity on the site.

The active members are really those that interact and actually build the forum. Please don't forget that is only part of the visitors as most are guests that never log in and search and read but never post. I don't want people to think that the forum has slowed down simply because of the active users number. Overall, our visits continue to grow at a slow and steady pace. Like many other entities, we have a slow season and slow days. The weekends appear to be the slowest and vary from 450-700 sessions per day. The number of visitors is always lower than the number of sessions.

I call it lurking in the rafters, we've all done it! The "session" count reflects activity, "Active members" with their dialog and differing opinions is what keeps visitors coming back. not to forget the Kilted One! ... I generally check in 3-4 times a week and usually log in; more, if questions come up. Thanks to ICE's pictures (keep'em coming) you have to log in to see'em. In my little small town, I don't get the exposure or the variety so it's good visual training.Numbers really don't tell anything unless a trend presents itself. There's my 2 cents, anybody got change?

Just an interesting observation but participation is holding up much better here than on the Journal of Light construction both on vBulletin 5.1.
Our activity numbers on Google Analytics are actually up and steady. I am thankful for that and can put a lot of that thanks on my IT girl from the Poconos who handled the move. We did our research and had a backup plan.

Now the active members counter is gone. I thought that it was a good feature.

I still can't zoom in on a picture with my iPad. That was a great feature. Wonderfull it was. I am woefully dismayed about losing that.

Now the active members counter is gone. I thought that it was a good feature.I still can't zoom in on a picture with my iPad. That was a great feature. Wonderfull it was. I am woefully dismayed about losing that.
1) I removed it.

2) iPad zoom.... on this list to be looked at.

Now the active members counter is gone. I thought that it was a good feature.I still can't zoom in on a picture with my iPad. That was a great feature. Wonderfull it was. I am woefully dismayed about losing that.
Is this on the app, tapatalk or just the website? And was it a button or just pull to zoom?

Is this on the app, tapatalk or just the website? And was it a button or just pull to zoom?
This is just on the website with Safari as the web browser. It's a two finger manuver. Spread the fingers and it gets bigger .... Pinch the fingers and it gets smaller. I haven't tried an app or tapatalk.

It works on all other forums that I have visited so I know it's not the iPad messing up.

I noticed that the ability to jump into a thread at the last page isn't shown right after the thread title like it was before. You can still pick a page number in the little,box on the right.

It looks like we can edit a post forever instead of the old forum which only allowed editing for 24 hours.

Jeff, Please leave that alone.

I can't find how to arrange the threads with latest post first. If there's no way to do this, can we get back the ability to jump to the end of a thread?