• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

just another Thanksgiving?

Re: just another Thanksgiving?

Yes, we are one big happy family ;)

disfunctional_drunk_family.jpg

Burns,

How did you manage to get that camera into our living room?

"... We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by thier Creator with certian unalienable rights..."

"Well, some of us are more equal than others..."

jeffc said:
The best and fastest way to ruin and good bb is to turn everyone against one another or to start choosing up sides. Is this a political arena or a building codes forum? Now is the time to decide before this gets out of hand. My vote is to keep the forum to building code issues. Many political forums exist so I don’t understand the need or desire to proselytize on this site.
I agree with this statement. I always said that politics and religion should be left alone when it comes time for business. This is a business related board that is here for code enforcement. I did not envision having religious or political posts in this area. It is however, labeled "Other Topics". What I would recommend is staying away from viewing any off topic threads that may have either one of these two passionate subjects.

The problem with discussing politics and/or religion is that there are some very strong view points and many buttons that can easily get pushed or misconstrued. I would like to caution everyone to respect each other and each other's opinions. Lets not let this get ugly.

There are moderators in place and they have the ability to censor/delete/edit posts if they feel that any are inappropriate.

Jeff; I would agree that theirs strong feelings surrounding politics and religion, and if this forum has a thread such has open topics that allows for a forum to freely discuss these subjects, than we shouldn’t have to be censored by moderators, who because of their beliefs feel that the subject posted is inappropriate. Xmas and thanksgiving are both considered politics and religion

Kil: I agree we should not censor! The base of this BB is like family and although we may not agree on all issues, we always have to respect each other. Since I was the one who started this thread I can remove it. I believe Jeff is only raising a warning flag! Strong opinions do emerge from such topics. If one is offend they can choose not to read and they certainly can choose not to post.

Open discussion allows all to understand each other alittle better and perhaps close the gaps they may or may not exist. ;)

I believe all here don't want to rent the curtain of discussion, but at the same time tread lightly on the element of personal belief.

My post is both a caution and a warning, not a decision. It is my opinion that I too am entitled to. As I have stated in the past, I don't believe that this board belongs to me. It belongs to all of us. For now as it is my website that is hosting it, I am the one bearing legal responsibility, therefore I may choose to censor or delete at my discretion if I believe that the line has been crossed.

I have personally witnessed the decline of another messageboard that was for a specific subject such as ours is. They started to allow the discussion of religion and politics which was previously not allowed. This cause many online arguments and other public problems. The messageboard lost multiple members who no longer wish to participate because the focus of the board slowly changed. The site also went from a very busy board to few posts an interaction between members not to mention several sponsors bailed on them. All because of the allowance of political and religious discussions.

In my opinion, if you want to discuss politics or religion then go to a website that is designed and exists for that purpose. Again, that is my opinion, not my decision. I will not take part in these types of discussions, nor will I read them. I only opened this one up to check on it and found exactly what I had expected.

I agree with jar546. The only political debate I'll take place in here is government politics related to public safety and the politics involved in the code-making process.

While I believe in free speech, there are better places to tear down our country than here. If you want to do the aforementioned, try http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/ or http://www.foxnews.com/ or http://www.wnd.com/. They will give you liberals all you can handle. :mrgreen: