• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Just in case they got caught.

ICE

Oh Well
Do you do code enforcment?

IMG_3524.jpg

rktect 1 said:
OK.Now, I'm calling this one photoshopped. Come on?
Probably, the track extends beyond the post and beam. The door would have to dematerialize in order to open.

come on ::

The garage is on the other side of the wall, and has been extended, but not enough to accomodate the door opener!!!!!!!!!!!!

leave my man cave alone

I had one of these in town, they wanted to convert the garage into a family room but leave the opener, tracks and door in place in case they wanted to turn it back into a garage (plus it was a condo and the garage door could not be removed). I couldn't find anything in the code that required them to remove the opener, but did ask them to unplug it for the co. At least they boxed out the opener and tracks though.....