• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Leaks Among Us

jar546

Forum Coordinator
First of all, I am a major fan of saw-cutting masonry to tuck in flashing, which we do not see here. This is an acceptable method because the stucco will go over the flashing and then be painted. But look a little closer, poor design is going to create at least one future leak issue. What other issue or issues do you see?
IMG_5531.JPG

Related question: does your office get called out for these type of inspections (flashing, house-wrap, anything related to keeping the water out) or do you have to be proactive and catch the project at the right time?

There are no cavity weeps above bond beams or window lintel. Also appears masonry might be lacking control joints... leading to joint cracking that will lead to the same cracks in the stucco layer.

The fascia board should be held back to clear the stucco. The picture quality is such that I can't discern a lot about the roof to wall transition. It appears to be missing a diverter at the end to push water away from the face of the building.

The fascia board should be held back to clear the stucco. The picture quality is such that I can't discern a lot about the roof to wall transition. It appears to be missing a diverter at the end to push water away from the face of the building.
Update for you:
IMG_5849.jpeg

It is generally at the end of a row of step shingles and we call it a diverter shingle. If there is no shingles we call it a diverter shingle.