• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Legislation to Eliminate Codes

Conarb,
I'd would prefer more high-density/high-rise development while maintaining open-spaces on public land for recreation and preservation. If there isn't enough high-density housing near transit centers for Google's engineers making 120k, more should be built. Open spaces around me increase my quality of life. Why should that be sacrificed when there are other ways to accommodate population growth.

Do you have any idea how much federal land in CA is on buildable (without $500k foundations for single family resident) land that is also near a population center? I live in SoCal next to the Angeles National Forest. In the forest, there is a lot of buildable land, but the vast majority is not. An hour or two drive out of L.A., there's lots of buildable land in the desert owned by the BLM. But, there is also plenty of private land in the desert that isn't developed.
Phil:

Had we left the land in private ownership development would have expanded normally, not as planned by elitist urban planners, there are also many other problems with overpopulation, we don't have the resources to not only house them but feed them, we allowing illegals to flood into the state while we are told we have to conserve water and energy, just now the Communist Governor Brown has signed two pieces of legislation that would limit water consumption to 55 gallons per day:

The bill, until January 1, 2025, would establish 55 gallons per capita daily as the standard for indoor residential water use, beginning January 1, 2025, would establish the greater of 52.5 gallons per capita daily or a standard recommended by the department and the board as the standard for indoor residential water use, and beginning January 1, 2030, would establish the greater of 50 gallons per capita daily or a standard recommended by the department and the board as the standard for indoor residential water use. The bill would impose civil liability for a violation of an order or regulation issued pursuant to these provisions, as specified.¹

BTW, here is my water consumption on a daily basis:

water_usage.jpg

Here is one of the bills he signed last Thursday AB 1668, we live in tyranny, I guess the only hope is revolution, short of nuclear war to reduce the population.

¹ https://www.theorganicprepper.com/n...nia-to-shower-and-do-laundry-on-the-same-day/

In the above post I cited a blog by Daisy Luther on Governor Moonbeam's AB 1668, apparently people asked Snopes and Politifact and they "debunked" her analysis, she responded here:
by Daisy Luther
Last weekend when I wrote about the new bills that were turned into law in California by a mercifully-departing Governor Jerry Brown, I never expected a hub-bub. I did my research, came to some conclusions, and titled my article, “Now It’s Illegal to Have a Shower and Do Laundry on the Same Day.” That’s the link if you want to read it first. Fact-checkers Snopes and Politifact said I was a big fat liar, but let’s take a look at their “facts,” shall we?¹

Note that both she and I linked the actual bill that the Jesuit Moonbeam signed. Anyway you view it, this is tyranny, think the water districts are going to eat these fees? Look at what happened to the fire sprinklers, when they went into the codes the water districts were jacking the rates sky high, remember those fees I posted with $375,000 water meters?

¹ https://www.theorganicprepper.com/f...-a-big-fat-liar-but-lets-look-at-their-facts/

Capitalism has competition. A utility company (water, phone, electric) has a monopoly when providing services to a specific area that is why there is usually a public board that oversees their rate request.

Capitalism has competition. A utility company (water, phone, electric) has a monopoly when providing services to a specific area that is why there is usually a public board that oversees their rate request.
Setting rates in return for being given a monopoly is a lot different from the government telling people how much water or energy they can use. I was reading this yesterday:

Threats against politicians have been skyrocketing lately. Many in Congress are now living in fear, purchasing body armor and hiring armed guards to protect themselves against the people they should be serving rather than controlling.

One year after the horrific congressional baseball shooting that almost took the life of Representative Steve Scalise and former Hill staffer Matt Mika, members are keenly aware that the continued attempt to control and manipulate the public has finally put a target on their backs.

While violence is not the answer, neither is the elite ruling class shoving their laws down the throats of the public on a whim with no consequences. Eventually, this ruling class vs. the slaves mentality was going to explode (just like it did leading up to the American Revolution.) People always eventually figure out that they don’t enjoy being slaves to a wealthy elite few. As soon as enough people wake up and realize whom the real enemy of liberty is, there won’t be a need for violence or threats though, liberals. There will eventually hopefully be enough people who no longer wish to be slaves to politicians that government itself will become obsolete; peacefully.¹

When politicians who write the laws have to wear bullet-proof vests how long before those who enforce the laws will have to do something similar?

¹ http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...as-threats-against-congress-increase_06142018

Setting rates in return for being given a monopoly is a lot different from the government telling people how much water or energy they can use.
I agree except water rights very from state to state for agricultural and industrial purposes and that thought process is now creeping into housing stock. It started by requiring low volume water fixtures and now it seems they want to regulate how often you can use those fixtures within you residence.

Next they'll want to sale you a clothes washer that uses less water and you have add a clothes freshener to the load so your closes don't stink!....wait....My wife sez we already have one of those HE washers, she said they can come and haul it off!

conarb, what the hell is going on out there, splitting into three new states. Your gonna screw up the American flag!

I agree except water rights very from state to state for agricultural and industrial purposes and that thought process is now creeping into housing stock. It started by requiring low volume water fixtures and now it seems they want to regulate how often you can use those fixtures within you residence.
Up until now nothing has made the general public as mad as the low flow fixtures, a few years ago a prominent construction defects attorney wanted me to remodel his master bath (I had built the house and remodeled it twice in the past), the architect told him about the low flow requirements and he asked me to get around them, I told him I couldn't, to hire a small contractor and do the job without a permit, that's what he did. I guess with these new regulations they will get around that.

There are too many people in this world, that's the problem,

conarb, what the hell is going on out there, splitting into three new states. Your gonna screw up the American flag!

Everbody is unhappy, the left hates the right and the right hates the left, at this point all of my friends are leaving the state because of high taxes and absurd regulations. Meanwhile they have declared it a sanctuary state to allow more poor people in, both Jerry Brown and Al Gore are divinity school drop-outs, nuts trying to impose their religious views on others. How stupid is it to have shortages and allow more people in? They are driving out wealthy people who pay taxes and bringing in poor people who consume tax money.

I did notice that California will get Los Angeles, N. California will get San Francisco and S. California will get San Diego.

Which state will go bankrupt first?
Which states will have the most crime?
Which states will get Moonbeam?
Will the goberner get to run again in another state?

I do like the idea of breaking up the electoral college votes.

This is absolutely true, I will never again go into San Francisco, a year ago we went to the SFMOMA and had to step over them, even on the steps to Bloomingdales, a structural engineer's husband is French and his business is setting up tours for French people, as bad as we read France has become his tourists say there is nothing they have ever seen as filthy as San Francisco.