• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Loss of Sawhorses and Supporters

I just want more people to actually post and ask questions rather than searching for an answer on a subject that may have been posted 4 years ago.
Can you restrict the time frame of the non-paying searchers to say 6 months or 1 year and the saw horses unlimited.

Part of any marketing is to create value which this forum has. The challenge is to elevate it in the minds of those using it from just a plow horse to a Triple Crown Winner

I think there ought to be a tip link, on most threads also.

That way they can tip the site as they go.

Posts that relate to "old code" should be "archived" and not directly available unless a search is justified, such as research for existing conditions, and only on request. This may drive the current lurking users to be more active in posting questions.

I don't want this forum to end up like the one I helped get started in '95, it died with the founder and slowly pokes along with about 2 threads posted per month. The current site owner just lets it exist and doesn't actively promote. Success for a discussion forum requires current activity that has value to the forum members, proselytizing, outreach, spreading the word, & some other guerilla marketing devices are necessary to get and keep active members.

I don't see where there is an online option to be a Sawhorse without it being a recurring charge. I would gladly subscribe if it was a one-time payment.

I think that is exactly what I did. I didnt expect the recurring fee situation but had it changed thru Paypal.

FLSTF01 said:
I don't see where there is an online option to be a Sawhorse without it being a recurring charge. I would gladly subscribe if it was a one-time payment.
the site also takes that new fangled green stuff:::: cash

For those that desire to send in payments & donations

via "Snail Mail", ...here is the street address:

Advanced Code Group

49 S. Main Street

Suite 302

Pittston, Pennsylvania 18640 - 1796