• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Maintaining the Forum

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I just spent some time tweaking the forum settings and cleaning up behind the scenes. All appears to be working well and just made it harder for the spammers to get through.

Thanks to Chris Kennedy, Fatboy and myself, you should not be seeing much if any spam posts or threads. We do get them every day but the automated system catches the majority, most of what gets through is flagged and reviewed by Admin so you never see it and on occasion something sneaks through.

Thank you to everyone that comes here to lurk, a big thank you to those that post and participate in the threads and a major thank you to those that are Sawhorses and Supporters and help keep this ship sailing along.

Just a reminder, we are celebrating our 10th anniversary this October. Thanks to all.

10 years

Wow time flys while you are inspecting!!

I sure hope my forum IRA is doing good. I want to retire soon!!!

Jar... thanks for taking the big leap of faith when ICC all kicked us to the curb...

You can thank RJJ for calling me. I realized we literally had nowhere to go. This has been quite the journey thanks to all of those that have supported the forum financially and more importantly, through participation. Without participation, there is no forum. It is so critically important that we have conversations and work out our opinions on code issues in order to build a database of information to help others. It is nice to know there is a professional, safe place like TBCF thanks to all of you.

Can you prevent use/reference to the "T" word (you know who) in ads that appear on this site? We already have enough "political" commentary.

Hard to believe it is coming on ten years. Great forum, great participants (mostly), and a great resource. Thanks jar and RJJ (whom seems to be missing) for starting it up when the ICC forum turned into an epic fail. Thanks to all the sawhorses!

Ok, just tweaked the system again to try to discourage spam. For the most part you won't see 80% of the spam that gets posted because it gets flagged automatically and Admin can see it, just not you. Some of it sill gets through. We still have to manually confirm and delete the spam posts whether you see them or not.

I made some other small adjustments that should not be visible by anyone else or felt unless you are a new register.

As always, please leave feedback or contact me if you notice anything odd with the system.