• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Mechanical Plans Examiner-M3

WHen I took mine, M2 & M3, the difference was negligible but that was over 5 yrs ago.

I strongly recommend to any person taking a commercial test to set up both the comm and plans upfront, you can separate the tests by a month but no need to drag it out further. Unless it’s the dreaded electrical plans Examiner. All of the material is fresh and you can focus on any items that stumped you during the comm testing. And on the alternate, hopefully not, if you fail the comm you can change you’re olans test and bump it back to the comm...

This exam was not an easy one. I passed but it was difficult.
Hey!

I am looking to take the M3 exam soon. May I ask how long you studied? Did you use any resources outside of the available resources from the ICC?