• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Model Code Agency

Here are three others I have from the 70's that offer perspective of the time and of our code history.

"Readings in Code Administration" This is also by Sanderson, but its a compilation of papers from code officials across the country. I have volume 2 about fire protection. I have yet to find a volume 1 or 3 for my collection. A line is the preface is so very cool:

"Many of the papers are old. They were selected because their message is timeless. They were relevant when they were written. They are relevant today, and they will be tomorrow."

Now is "tomorrow" and I do find them relevant. I love it!

"Men against fire" by Percy Bugbee. It is the story of the NFPA from 1896 to 1971 (when it was written). It is awesome. Yep. I think you can read this one online if you google it.

"Preservation and Building Codes" by the national trust for historic preservation in 1974. I honestly have not read this one yet. I bet it will be great insight into Uniform Code for Building Conservation, first edition, 1985

One more for the code commentary:
Handbook to the uniform building code: An illustrative commentary, by Vince Bush, 1988. ICBO didn't let Vince do any updates, and I would pass on any edition that does not show him as the author. They just seem to lack the same insights.