• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

More Ads?

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Our Google revenue for banners and such has been cut in half so they recommended I update some settings. Please let me know if you notice an increase in banners or not. I can't tell because I ignore them and have selective vision. I am not sure if the settings will increase the amount of banners or just rotate them quicker. Just when I thought we were doing well. Thanks Google!

Our Google revenue for banners and such has been cut in half
Double the size and frequency. It seems that the banners have become larger... but that could be my new glasses. Do what you need to do... the ads are a part of life.

The Chinese version of Amazon (Temu) has taken over the ad space and it would be nice to get rid of that.

I'm trying to figure out why another bb, canoetripping.net, using same software and many of same defaults - they look a lot alike - with fewer members - has no ads.

Whatever you need to do to help float the boat Jeff.

I, like you, tune them out!

bill1952, this is, what it is.

I'm trying to figure out why another bb, canoetripping.net, using same software and many of same defaults - they look a lot alike - with fewer members - has no ads.
Probably because someone is paying all of the costs involved out of pocket. For the site you mentioned, it is owned out of Phoenix, AZ and the owner is hidden. I am guessing it is probably secretly owned by a company that sells canoeing products and it is used for marketing.

Double the size and frequency. It seems that the banners have become larger... but that could be my new glasses. Do what you need to do... the ads are a part of life.

The Chinese version of Amazon (Temu) has taken over the ad space and it would be nice to get rid of that.
If you don't like an ad that Google puts in front of you, when you click on the top right X to close it, you have the opportunity to tell them why you don't want to see it which should help your viewing pleasure.

If you don't like an ad that Google puts in front of you, when you click on the top right X to close it, you have the opportunity to tell them why you don't want to see it which should help your viewing pleasure.
So can we tell them "because it is not an ad for the building code forum"?

That works for that particular banner but not the particular company. I don't think that Google is willing to quash Temu just because it is owned by the Chinese Communist Party.

Probably because someone is paying all of the costs involved out of pocket. For the site you mentioned, it is owned out of Phoenix, AZ and the owner is hidden. I am guessing it is probably secretly owned by a company that sells canoeing products and it is used for marketing.
I know who owns it (and moderates it) and he's just another north east canoeing affacinado. It changed ownership maybe 2 years ago, and that's when it changed to zen foro platform. A bunch of regulars sent new owner checks or pay pal payments - one sent cash - and owner said he'd ask for money if he needed it to keep sit open.

The ads really suck. I try to ignore them, look past them, get over it... It's really annoying and I spend less time on the site because of it.

Quite frankly they're the only reason I've never become a supporting member.