• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

My early Christmas present

pyrguy

Well guess I need to make it official, I start my new Job on Tuesday the 27th after two lay-offs in three years and two years of too much time on the job and not enough money. (Though I was glad to have the job.)

I will be the Chief Building Official in Casa Grande,, AZ. I am grateful to all y'all here for the assembled knowledge and will be 'picking your collective brains' for whatever wisdom I can find.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hopefully the next year will be better than the last.

Congrats

Have you been in az the last few years???

Hay, they are looking for a fire marshal, throw a brother a bone

cda said:
Have you been in az the last few years???Hay, they are looking for a fire marshal, throw a brother a bone
Nope, was in South Carolina for the last two years. Just got to AZ but we have vacationed in the SW for years and like the desert.

Did you put in an application?? Seem like nice people.

No, but does your name have some pull???? If I did

Yes and you are close enough to calif to visit, but not have to live there

Nice Christmas present indeed. Where were you in S.C. ? Arizona is nice most of the year. My brother is in Phoenix.

Columba, but I traveled all over the state inspecting schools and state buildings.

Enjoyed SC but am looking forward to AZ.

SC last summer was 109 with 98% humidity.

A friend of mine lived in Casa Grande a number of years ago and she loved it.

Congratulations on the 'Christmas present'.

Hope this one is a keeper for you pyrguy, congrats. Dry heat, way better than a killer index...........

* = = = = = = = *

Congratulations pyrguy!.....All the very best to you in Casa Grande!

Keep us updated on your new digs!

* = = = = = = = *

Great news! Be sure and keep us updated on your progress with your new career!

pryguy congradulations on the job. You will love the weather. Only down fall are the dust storms. Good Luck.

Congrats on the job. You'll get used to the heat after a while. Be 70 this weekend.

Been here 11+ years and enjoy every minute of it. Some advice: don't plant anything as rocks are the main ground cover, frees up more time to enjoy life. Ditch the winter gear and stock up on shorts and t-shirts.