• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

My take on Bluebeam for plans examiners

jar546

Forum Coordinator
If there is one thing that I continue to learn is that Bluebeam does a heck of a lot more than what I will ever need as a plans examiner. The more that I learn about Bluebeam, the more surprised at how versatile and powerful this program is. I am starting to see why the construction industry around the world has embraced Bluebeam. For plans examiners, the ability to create detailed markups that are directly on the PDF versions of the submitted plans and have those markups placed on a list that can go onto a plan review template is reason enough but the ability to batch sign and seal the documents as "Reviewed for Code Compliance" and have a custom seal then flatten the document so it can't be edited is simply amazing to me.

The more I use it, the more I learn and the more I realize just how easy it is to do my job. Being able to take 2 versions of the same drawings and overlay them with color changes makes Bluebeam invaluable.

What has been your experience?

Been using Revu for about a year now, and it is, as Jar expresses, invaluable. The ability to draw to scale, add mark-ups to your library (for repetitive marks), and document comparison is huge. And no need to slip-sheet revisions.

I will encourage folks using Revu to not only flatten, but to use the security features. If you do not, the document can be unflattened, which in turn gives those of questionable intent the ability to make changes to something bearing your "Reviewed" stamp.

Been using Revu for about a year now, and it is, as Jar expresses, invaluable. The ability to draw to scale, add mark-ups to your library (for repetitive marks), and document comparison is huge. And no need to slip-sheet revisions.

I will encourage folks using Revu to not only flatten, but to use the security features. If you do not, the document can be unflattened, which in turn gives those of questionable intent the ability to make changes to something bearing your "Reviewed" stamp.

I agree with you. Flatten and using security features too.