• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

NEC 555 Docks, Marinas, Boatyards & GFP

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I inspected a new system the other day that used ground fault sensing via CT "donuts" on the dock pedestal feeders connected to a shunt trip breaker at the MDP. Where installed, the CT controllers did not have any visible settings on them to show that they were the required maximum 100ma per the NEC 555. The contractor did not know and none of the literature had this information, therefore I was unable to pass the inspection. They had to either remove the controller module or show me a spare which they did on a reinspection. I think the manufacturer should have this information where it is visible once installed. Here are some pics.
IMG_6599.JPG

As seen during inspection
IMG_6587.JPG