• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

NEC violation(s) of the day....

steveray

SAWHORSE
This was a weird one....there may be multiple violations, but I think it all comes back to one big mistake....

Attachments

• ats.jpg
    ats.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
This was a weird one....there may be multiple violations, but I think it all comes back to one big mistake....
1) Can't verify the ATS is service rated
2) Main panel not converted to sub with separation of grounds and neutrals
3) Only 3 conductors going to the main panel. No EGC.
4) A host of minor stuff.

I believe the (believed) non-service rated ATS started it all and it was impossible to comply after that point...

Extending the service conductors is a no-no here as well...

Newer inspector with an HVAC background sent it to me....He knew it wasn't right and he is smart enough to reach out....The kind of inspectors we need out there....

Wouldn't a service rated ATS have a main breaker in it? I believe that verifies its not.
That and the inherent green screw....But I have proven here time and again that I am not on the cutting edge of electrical, especially equipment approvals...But I do know some guys and I know enough to fail a lot...He was going to go back out with his electrical guy yesterday, i'll give an update when I get it...Typical "bought the house this way ....closing on the sale on Friday" crap...