• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Need help with plumbing code of ontario

Gul

I am trying do do the drains for the washroom in the basement and need help with what I need to do. I live in Brampton Ontario

Your going to have to ask a question if you would like any help....

Welcome to the forum. We are a great group here and very willing to help if we can.

Only paid members can post photos directly to the site.... but you can always provide a link to DropBox or some other site.

Here is the link to my Dropbox

dropbox.com/sh/p8df3tit64s2t2q/AADxCM10SJ52YEsmWwdRAkWia?dl=0

I live in Toronto so it must comply with the Ontario Building Code.

so I was wondering if someone can tell me if I’m doing this right. I haven’t glued anything together till I was sure. So the pipes are just sitting there. The pipe from the shower p-trap and the sink drain will be 2”. I just have the 1-1/2” pipe sitting there so you can see what I’m planning.
The last picture is of the two clean outs for the sewage and the storm drains. The one cleanout needs to be finished cuz I need a 45 degree elbow to complete it.

Not familiar with the Ontario Building Code....

But I can tell you that the toilet vent is not right. If that is a vent coming off the wye, it has to be rolled upwards so that the vent comes off above mid-line of the drain pipe. (See image below for example)

I am looking to add a utility sink to my laundry room and wanted to confirm if this diagram is to code Ontario? Unfortunately many of the plumbers I called are currently not doing residential visits.

13_25.jpg