• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Needless electrocution

Definetely a tragedy.....Was it the towns box? Or private property?....Maybe they will blame it on VP.....He was working there....Obviously someone that did not know what they were doing was in that box...Did anyone look to see when the last permit was pulled?

The tragedy is that this kind of wiring is not uncommon. I have a number of pictures of exposed and dangerous wiring I see on vacation.

Tragic.

From looking it appears the cover was removed before this picture was taken. Apparantly the black conductor (burnt with no wirenut) melted the wirenut snd shorted to the inside of the cover?

Very tragic. I am familiar with this type of issue due to living in Miami. I can think of a couple similar cases that happened when I lived there.

Sue