• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Neighbor's fence does not meet barrier requirements.

Just for fun the neighbor that has the existing fence should throw a baby ruth bar over the fence into the pool when no one's looking!

neighbors!

pc1

Pcinspector1 said:
Just for fun the neighbor that has the existing fence should throw a baby over the fence into the pool when no one's looking!neighbors!

pc1
That's an awful idea.

Don't even try to tell me that you didn't think of it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
building another barrier isn't going to keep the neighbors kids from climbing up their side of the fence.

I know this is an old post but I wanted to throw my 2 cents in. In circumstances like this we allow the owner to rip a 2X3 or 2X4 in half at a 45 degree angle and nail it on top of the horizontal runners. This makes the fence so that you can't grab hold of the horizontal runners because of the 45 degree angles. Sort-of like this.. l\

As a child (6-well not child) I would often come up with great ways to hurt myself and others. One such way was to put the picnic table perpendicular to the neighbors 6' privacy fence, then put the benches in a line butting up to the table. We (the kids brave enough to take a break or two when called upon) would then run the length of the yard, jump on the bench, run across both benches, jump on the table, take a step maybe two we had short legs at 7, put both sometimes on hand on top of the privacy fence, and flip or fault over. Can you imagine how much more awesome that would have been if there was a barrier to clear on the other side and a nice soft wet pool to land in? It would be an Olympic sport by now.