• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New Corporate Sponsor!

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I am pleased to announce that https://buildingcodecollege.com/ , a preferred ICC provider is now a corporate sponsor for this section of The Building Code Forum. I would like everyone to thank Glenn from BCC and encourage everyone to check out https://buildingcodecollege.com/ at your earliest convenience.

We are working on some incentives for all of TBCF members and hope to be rolling out a program soon.

Again, please check out the website and thank our new corporate sponsor!

Thank you,

Jeff

Thanks Glenn! I have seen the web site and currently taking a free course that a member posted in another thread a few weeks back.

Thanks everyone, and you are welcome. Sorry for my delay in getting on here. The day this published, is the day I lost my Uncle. My last three weeks have been difficult, as he was very close to us, we were his only family, and I had to handle his estate. Not fun. Very emotional. Still emotional.

As Jeff stated, I am planning a program that will benefit the Sawhorse members and the forum. I'm just picking back up normality starting today. Give me some time...

I am pleased to announce that https://buildingcodecollege.com/ , a preferred ICC provider is now a corporate sponsor for this section of The Building Code Forum. I would like everyone to thank Glenn from BCC and encourage everyone to check out https://buildingcodecollege.com/ at your earliest convenience.

We are working on some incentives for all of TBCF members and hope to be rolling out a program soon.

Again, please check out the website and thank our new corporate sponsor!

Thank you,

Jeff
Thank you for the kind announcement, Jeff. Sorry it took so long to log in and see it. See my other reply for the reason why.

I have renewed BuildingCodeCollege's corporate sponsorship of this forum for another year. Why?

1) I want to be respectable in using this forum to promote my business.
2) I have been a part of this forum since before the beginning, back under ICC. "code saves lives" (oh how young and naive I was)
3) This forum supports my mission in BuildingCodeCollege.com "Make code education affordable, accessible, and inviting to everyone" This forum is right in line with my mission to make a difference in code. It must get financial support to keep being the great tool that it is for code communication.

Keep on talking and sharing about code, my friends. You make a difference in our industry for many.

I just committed to my 5th year as a corporate sponsor to this site. I am not corporate. I and my business, BuildingCodeCollege.com (BCC), are just one person. I am on a career-long mission to make code education more affordable, accessible and enjoyable for everyone. Marketing is my greatest challenge and sponsoring this site is one of my methods. My other marketing is educational tidbits on social media. I like my marketing to be supportive of my overall mission in code education, so supporting this site is good spending in my mind.

If you appreciate this forum and appreciate my 5 years of corporate sponsorship, perhaps you could consider doing something for me.

- Be a sawtooth member Become a Sawhorse subscriber of this site or otherwise donate.
- Check out the first video of each On-Demand Course (free) at BCC and consider enrolling in one (ICC and AIA approved)
- Talk to your local ICC Chapter about hiring me to teach In-Person or a Live Webinar hosted through BCC.
- Follow me on social media (facebook, linked in, instagram, tiktok) There are direct links to these accounts at GlennMathewson.com
- Check out my ICC Deck Code Book including the 2018 and 2021 IRC codes.

For the last year, I've been experimenting with a different kind of video content and trying more public outreach on TikTok. It seems my positive and proactive voice about codes is being well received by over 80K followers. You do not need a TikTok account to see these videos. Here is a link to what I'm sharing if you are curious. It's a bit different than traditional code education...

Thank you,
Glenn Mathewson.

Last edited:
Hi Glen,
Be a sawtooth is a cutting mistake.
Congratulations….You have a lot of TikTok videos. One slight improvement would be saying the code section with the video or put the section number in the video title.

Glenn,
Thank you once again (for the 5th time) for supporting this forum. The education you provide to all of us is invaluable and your insight is appreciated.

% ~ %

Also, ..."thank you" Glen for supporting this Forum !
Respectfully, perhaps you may have meant to say
"becoming a Sawhorse [ i.e. - a paid subscriber to
this Forum ].

Keep up the GREAT work ! :)

% ~ %

Glenn, been following you on Tick Tock for a while. Recently I've noticed I start watching a video, then see your face pop up with, "I can't help but notice that your [stairs/deck/headroom over tub] in your video..."

Great job on trying to bring more education about codes to a wider audience.