• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New Domain Name coming soon!!

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Right now, you can type in TheBuildingCodeForum.com or .org and it will direct you right to this site! Caps not relevant. Soon, this will be the new name of the forum and I will remove it from my website to give it a more professional flair.

We will be revising the home page of this site and there are a few more changes coming, all for the better. Stay tuned!!

Also, don't forget to upgrade and become a Sawhorse so that we can continue to grow this board and make the necessary changes to move it into the future with proactive management.

http://thebuildingcodeforum.com

http://thebuildingcodeforum.org

Everyone will get notice when we change the forum name on the server so you can all update your bookmarks and reset your cookies. I am sure we will have redirects in place from the existing site too.

Enjoy the changes!! I am excited about the future of this board.

Jeff

Change? :(

No worries,us old people don't like change. What is this auto-saved? It seems to stop me when I am typing something? New computer, is it just me? 40 people donate $35.00 a year comes to $1400 a year. If it were easier to donate I think you would get more money. If you do this on a case by case basis many will not bother. Donating is an emotional reaction and doesn't last very long (yes I am sending the check). I don't want to be a sawhorse; just want to help out. A basic forum with ability to contribute to the discussions without being required to (still having trouble typing) and adding photos without donating being a requirement might help incourage people to be more helpful. 40 out of 2,000 is an indication that the present method might not be working real well. How many people are using the things others can't use; is it worth it? I think an open forum where all have the same ability to post and send pictures would be more useful; but, I'm just an old fuddy duddy.

I worked for a small town that charged $150 to register as a contractor and very few registered and people had a hard time getting contractors to come from the nearby larger city. We droped it to $25 and the money came pouring in. Just a thought. Best wishes with the forum.

Thank you for your words and ideas Durant. For a couple of years it seems as though the same people are stepping up to the plate. Many don't contribute at all, just a very small percentage. Some were donating much more than what we are asking. I will take what I can get but have to put a minimum on being a Sawhorse. I may put up a donation link that won't get you Sawhorse but it will show you as a contributor. Still have not decided yet. Yeah, $1,500 is a drop in the bucket but it helps. Today I put in about 13 hours on this site unpaid cleaning it up, making some changes, getting new programs ready to roll out. Not complaining because I agreed to do this. I don't know of many people that have the time and resources to do this for the past 3 years but I like to do this.

And we appreciate it Jeff, I can only imagine the time it takes. I try to check in a few times a day to patrol the spammers, and just that takes time.......thanks for the effort.

jar546 said:
but I like to do this.
It's good to have a hobby. Apparently one of mine is posting pictures from the day's work. I'm not sure why I enjoy doing that. I know why I started but why I continue is not clear at all.

Last edited by a moderator: