• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New here

combo7

Thanks for acceptance admins... do any of u guys have an occupancy checklist?

I just focus on life safety but every use and building is different.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thanks for acceptance admins... do any of u guys have an occupancy checklist?I just focus on life safety but every use and building is different.

Welcome

Which code book and edition do you use ??

What state are you in?

What do you do for a living??

09 IBC/IRC

Pittsburgh PA

I inspect for city of pittsburgh

Energy

Accessibility

Mechanical

Commercial building

Residential building

And fire

Greetings,

I was at a seminar one time and asked Steve Thomas of Colorado Code Consultants if he used a checklist for plan review. He says "sure" and held up his IBC and told me that is his checklist. IMHO I believe there are too many variables for a commercial occupancy checklist. The other issue is a lot of folks using checklists only look for stuff specified on the checklist. Also, if you use one, it can be accessed with an open records request by anyone and used for legal action and so forth. We have a checklist for residential occupancy inspections that are done here but not commercial.

BSSTG

Still using 09"?!

Go to the City of Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety website under publications, they have tons of checklists.