• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New puppy

1200 CFM fan sold seperately....not to mention the makeup air.....$$$$$$$

M1503.4 Makeup air required. Exhaust hood systems capable of exhausting in excess of 400 cubic feet per minute (0.19 m3/s) shall be provided with makeup air at a rate approximately equal to the exhaust air rate. Such makeup air systems shall be equipped with a means of closure and shall be automatically controlled to start and operate simultaneously with the exhaust system.

steveray said:
1200 CFM fan sold seperately....not to mention the makeup air.....$$$$$$$M1503.4 Makeup air required. Exhaust hood systems capable of exhausting in excess of 400 cubic feet per minute (0.19 m3/s) shall be provided with makeup air at a rate approximately equal to the exhaust air rate. Such makeup air systems shall be equipped with a means of closure and shall be automatically controlled to start and operate simultaneously with the exhaust system.
Do you make them pre heat the makeup air? Reason I ask is I have ran into this before and did not require them in to install heated makeup air (because the IRC does not require heated make up air like the IMC). Let me tell you at 900CFM it get pretty cold in the kitchen which makes for a very unhappy customer.

Moscow said:
Do you make them pre heat the makeup air? Reason I ask is I have ran into this before and did not require them in to install heated makeup air (because the IRC does not require heated make up air like the IMC). Let me tell you at 900CFM it get pretty cold in the kitchen which makes for a very unhappy customer.
I am not happy until my customers are not happy!.....Just kidding.....I will suggest it (heating) if I ever come across it...I am sure it will be in the IECC soon...