• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New style in-use GFCI receptacle cover

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I’m seeing more of these and they make complete and total sense. Are you seeing them in your areas? I think they will last a lot longer and not be broken like many of the other plastics.
894DE9F1-93E2-4643-A923-26E9D14A5639.jpeg

I haven't seen one of those yet but they certainly make sense. I do wish they were metal instead of plastic however, I always try to use metal ones for outside use, they just take a lot more abuse without breaking.

Haven't seen them use here. UL certified.

Not sure ICE can allow them, Prop 65?

Haven't seen them use here. UL certified.

Not sure ICE can allow them, Prop 65?
Not sure if they are listed with any NRTL agency but who says they have to be listed? They don't carry current or fault current. They are not an electrical device. They are made by a major electrical manufacturer.

These have been available for years. Probably not appropriate if the attachment plug is inserted permanently. The accordion rubber might not last if exposed to UV light for a long time.