• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New to the job, new to the forum

kyhowey

Silver Member
I am happy to find this forum! I am a former truss designer/sales for the last 12 years, but started as a residential building inspector about 4 months ago. It has been a pretty easy transition so far and the builders have been very receptive. Looking forward to the interaction with all of you.

Welcome Howey! You will find this forum invaluable in the pursuit of your new career!

Congratulations on your new employment and welcome, glad you found us. Look forward to any contributions in your area of expertise, including roof trusses.

We tend to screw a little with new comers... roll your eyes and don't take any thing you read personally...

Welcome Howey

You will need a thick skin.

Be careful of all info given on the internet, Verify everything.

A lot of info given is personal opinions and local interpretations.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. My experience with trusses was a unique selling point in getting me the job. I'll be happy to contribute in any way I can, especially truss questions.

welcome howdy,

glad you have found the transition so easy! this profession is so easy even a moron can do it, i'm proof :mrgreen:

"welcome howdy,"

second day on the forum, and you're making fun of howey's name..........sheesh.

JK, haha

Ah, a new inspector. Welcome. Heres wishing you the very best! Got into this insanity a lot of years ago. If we can help then... I guess we may be worth something. Again welcome. jp