• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New York Department of State’s Division of Code Enforcement and Administration (DCEA)

Folks what is the best way to contact the certificate holders in NY to advertise CEU seminars? Do you read any particular NY publication, visit a web site, newsletter, etc? Any idea where to get a list of certificate holders? As you know I am associated with Chubb training facility in NJ. We are a NY CEU provider but struggle getting the word out as a result we see few folks from NY.

Thanks for your help.

Search for NYSBOC, the state association of building officials. They sponsor seminars & conferences all over the place.

Mac,

I am trying to get the AHJ's to come to us since I can not move our facility. All of our seminars are NYS approved for CEU.

Here is a link to our facility www.chubb.com/lcu

Any help/advise is much appreciated.

Thanks

Insurance Engineer - You've got a couple of things working against you...

Many, many NYS CEO's are in small rural communities and often only part-timers. Even the full-timers have limited budgets for training, so travel is not an option.

The approval process in NYS for In-Service credit is driven by legislation, and all training must be approved by the Dept of State Division of Code Enforcement and Administration (DCEA). Good folks that are limited on staff.

Also, the programming needs to be NYS specific (exceptions for a limited number of ICC Ceretifications).

JBI,

We have jumped through all the Dept of State Division of Code Enforcement and Administration (DCEA) requirements. ALL of our seminars have NYS CEU credit. Our problem is getting the word out that we are around; we offer something few training facilities can offer “hands on training”. I can show you power point slides on a dry pipe valve. But when you hear the air come out of the sprinkler, the valve trip and water go onto the fire and extinguish it that is hard to put on a slide! Then you see how the dry valve is reset, that training is hard to get.

Last edited by a moderator: