• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

No site arrival points

This isn't a course it is a "bushwack". The carts provide acessible routes via the cart paths. You can therefore approach the entances to the facilities, no. Are you implying that you park off site and then "slog" to hole 1? How are deliveries made and the fire department to arrive?

This isn't a course it is a "bushwack". The carts provide acessible routes via the cart paths. You can therefore approach the entances to the facilities, no. Are you implying that you park off site and then "slog" to hole 1? How are deliveries made and the fire department to arrive?

I never saw any lay out of the course, never explored the other side. I guess the deliveries and emergency vehicles would use the non public driveway.

What little I saw of the golf course it is kind of run down and the paths for the golf carts are not really defined and connected except one spot where golf carts can ford the small creek.. The golf course is divided in two by a small creek and wetlands, the west side and east side. No bridge any where on the site. Cars must drive a few miles on public roads to get to the other side. The parking is on the west side in a different jurisdiction where I have no say and I don't know if there are any accessible parking there and the new club house is on the east side in converted barn with many old outbuilding surrounding it. I think the creek is the line between the two jurisdictions. The property is also a horse farm.

There is an existing clubhouse on the west side by the parking lot. There are plans to turn the whole west side into a townhouse
development some time which includes demolishing the old clubhouse and then it would just be a 9 hole golf course on the east side.
Eventually i guess they will need a new parking lot on the east side maybe near the new clubhouse.The problem with that is that they don't need a building permit for a parking lot so I still won't be able to make them put in an accessible path from the new parking lot.

So, is this a members only facility or is the public allowed in?
What exemption are they claiming for no access?

So, is this a members only facility or is the public allowed in?
Don't know don't care. What difference does it make?
What exemption are they claiming for no access?
There is no site arrival points, no parking, public transportation stop, loading zone, public street or sidewalk to have an accessible route from.

Initially You say it is a "club" "meaning members only? No guests allowed.
So how do members access the site and what if they are disabled?

I don't know if it is members only. How would that effect accessibility?

They access the club by walking in, biking in, ride a horse in, parking in the parking lot by the old club house that I mentioned before on the other side of the golf course a in a town that is in a different jurisdiction where I don't do inspections. Then they walk or ride a golf cart through the golf course, over grass, through a creek to get the the new club house that I am talking about

You seem to indicate that it is privately owned (or not?). If open to the public, it must comply with the ADA and your local code.
No grandfathering. They have been obligated to remove barriers to access since the 90's (not your issue),
it is only a matter of time before a complaint is filed with DOJ.