• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Opinion/Experience with epoxy flooring for shop or garage?

ameliasolis

Hi All,

I'm on the cusp of buying a house and for the first time in my life, I'll have a garage (exciting!). Since the garage is 2.5 cars, I'm going set up a workshop in there.

Right now, the floor is painted cement and the current owner has been using the garage to restore vintage MGs.

The cement is in OK shape, but will need repainting at the very least. I like the look/idea of epoxy, but have heard mixed review regarding slickness when wet.

Interested in anyone with experience with epoxy floors or alternative flooring solutions.

Hi All,

I'm on the cusp of buying a house and for the first time in my life, I'll have a garage (exciting!). Since the garage is 2.5 cars, I'm going set up a workshop in there.

Right now, the floor is painted cement and the current owner has been using the garage to restore vintage MGs.

The cement is in OK shape, but will need repainting at the very least. I like the look/idea of epoxy, but have heard mixed review regarding slickness when wet.

Interested in anyone with experience with epoxy floors or alternative flooring solutions. Hi All, I'm on the cusp of buying a house and for the first time in my life, I'll have a garage (exciting!). Since the garage is 2.5 cars, I'm going set up a workshop in there. Right now, the floor is painted cement and the current owner has been using the garage to restore vintage MGs. The cement is in OK shape, but will need repainting at the very least. I like the look/idea of epoxy, but have heard mixed review regarding slickness when wet. Interested in anyone with experience with epoxy floors or alternative flooring solutions. Hi All, I'm on the cusp of buying a house and for the first time in my life, I'll have a garage (exciting!). Since the garage is 2.5 cars, I'm going set up a workshop in there. Right now, the floor is painted cement and the current owner has been using the garage to restore vintage MGs. The cement is in OK shape, but will need repainting at the very least. I like the look/idea of epoxy, but have heard mixed review regarding slickness when wet. Interested in anyone with experience with epoxy floors or alternative flooring solutions. epoxy floor coating Atlanta
thanks for any help

Similar post elsewhere.

I used to install epoxy floors "back in the day." Grit added to the mix at various stages gives slip-resistance. Did it all the time in meat-cutting areas that were hosed down regularly.

Look at Swisstrax floor system or RaceDeck. There may be some other companies that make something similar. I first saw this type flooring on a car repair show, I believe they can be customized, flags, checkerboard designs and car emblems could be placed on it?

Look at Swisstrax floor system or RaceDeck. There may be some other companies that make something similar. I first saw this type flooring on a car repair show, I believe they can be customized, flags, checkerboard designs and car emblems could be placed on it?
The problem with those type systems is that if you're really doing work in the shop instead of just making it look pretty fluids and dirt can get below them and make cleaning up very difficult, nearly impossible, unless you pull them up to clean under them.