• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Oregon Inspector Certification Test

benny

Bronze Member
I'm a building inspector in Idaho and want to get certified in Oregon. My ICC certs work in Oregon but I am required to take the O.I.C. Has anyone taken that test that can give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance!

It's pretty much the admin portions of the codes as well as Orgon Revised Statute and Oregon Adminstrative Rule pertaining to building codes. You can contact the State Building Codes Division and they can give you more detailed info. I was grandfathered in so I didn't have to take the test.

If this is it,then;

Open book and you can get twelve wrong

3 hour open book test with 52 questions.

Must receive a score of 75% or higher to pass the exam.

Benny,

It isn't as easy as some would lead you to think. I have had several inspectors tell me they failed the first time they tried the test. I suggest you download all the reference material Oregon Building Codes Division has suggested on their website, and then review the materials. Like CDA wrote, it is open book test, but it helps you to have certain sections well tagged or marked - like the Plumbing and ADA sections.