• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

PACKERS or STEELERS

PACKERS or STEELERS

• PACKERS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • STEELERS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
texas transplant said:
It would have been cool for these to old school teams to be playing the game at an old school stadium instead of in "Jerry World", I kind of miss the old days I guess. Does that mean I am getting old? Packers and Steelers, this could have been a game from the 60's
TT -

Nah, I think it would be great also. Lived in Green Bay for a year, nothing like winter in the north country. :cheers

Sue, where the west still lives.........

Alias said:
TT -Nah, I think it would be great also. Lived in Green Bay for a year, nothing like winter in the north country. :cheers

Sue, where the west still lives.........
Sue,

Spent a lot of years in the cold midwest myself. But you have to admit, we saw some great games when they played in the snow.

Most vivid memory though (although I don't remember the game), they plowed the field, then used flamethrowers to thaw it and heilcopters sitting on the field to try and dry it because the natural turf was frozen harder than concrete.

But I also remember getting frost bit a few times in the good old days. And it didn't seem to matter how much anti-freeze we consumed. :)

Every Red Blooded American should jump in line to support the Green Bay Packers! The Packers defeated the Chicago Bears on Sunday afternoon thus earning them the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. By doing so, they saved the Hard-Working, Red Blooded, Taxpaying Americans literally several million dollars of tax money. How you say? Simple... we were told that if the Chicago Bears had won that President Obama (and probably his family) would be attending the Super Bowl to cheer on his hometown team. Since the Bears lost...the President won't be attending. The money saved from not using Air Force 1, the limousines, all the additional security, and let's not forget Michelle Obama's entourage, is literally several million dollars! Therefore every American should cheer on the Green Bay Packers at the Super Bowl to show them our gratitude. Oh...and let's not forget to thank Chicago Bear's Quarterback Jay Cutler for his role in the Packer's success! With that said...everyone should cheer for America's team...the Green Bay Packers!

ps. I borrowed this from another web site.

GPE

GPE,

That sells it for me...wish me luck....my wife might not let me back home (out of town for Super Sunday). The site has spoken and just like the Packers, we own this poll so all winnings should be distributed evenly...right :)

FM,

Agreed. Packers all the way.

Speaking of wives, my wife is from Louisiana and I am originally from Indiana so, we had a really good time watching last years game. I had to eat some serious humble pie.

GPE

I love super bowl Sunday. Don't make a tinkers darn who is there. That is unless is is the BALTIMORE COLTS! Sorry, just can't let go of the past. It will be good regardless. Lots of adult beverges and good food! Hopefully a good game. We will have mountain loin steaks & chicken wings. Have a recipe for the lion. I'll let you know.

Mountain Lion......must say never had that but would love to try it. Wonder if it's like the "cat" served back in the day in some ethnic restaurants :)

Looking forward to a good game between some historic organizations. Enjoy the game and commercials all!

Someone has retirement in the bag

But GREAT call!!!!

Two hours before kickoff, Cowboys Stadium wasn't ready for its possibly record crowd.

As the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers were warming up on the field, workers were still installing temporary seats in the top level of the stadium's west end.

At least 200 Super Bowl ticket holders were standing in a long line in the Party Pass area of Cowboys Stadium Sunday afternoon after being informed by NFL officials that their seats are not yet installed.

"We're in line, but the line isn't moving so I'm not really hopeful," said John Dostart, of Des Moines, Iowa. "I can't tell you how frustrated we are. You can only yell so much and then you get to a level of anger that you don't yell anymore."

Dostart said the displaced ticket holders have been given a form by the NFL guaranteeing them three times the $600 face value if they are not seated. The NFL is telling the displaced fans they still hope to seat them before kickoff.

"I don't know how to feel about that," Dostart said of the potential refund. "We came here to see the game and $1,800 might cover our airfare and hotels."

John Hoffer, from Farmington, Conn., said fans are getting madder by the moment.

"The worst part is the lack of communication," he said. "There's nobody here with a bullhorn giving us updates. There are no bathrooms, they told us we'd get food vouchers, but so far nothing."

About 4 p.m., Hoffer said the angry fans were let into the stadium without instructions about where to go or the status of their seats.

"We're going to walk up there and see if they're ready," he said. "People are really frustrated. I hope those seats are there."

The NFL has released two statements on the situation, the latest of which reads:

"Incomplete installation of temporary seats in a limited number of sections made the seats unusable.

"Approximately 850 fans with tickets in sections 205A, 215A, 230A, and 240A were affected and were relocated to similar or better seats.

"Four hundred (400) fans in sections 425A and 430A were not able to be accommodated with seats inside the stadium. These fans will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. The face value of these tickets are $900.

"The safety of fans attending the Super Bowl was paramount in making the decision and the NFL, Dallas Cowboys and City of Arlington officials are in agreement with the resolution.

"We regret the situation and inconvenience that it may have caused. We will conduct a full review of this matter."

This is the latest black eye for the hosts following a week of problems caused by rare severe winter weather. They were hoping flawless game-day logistics would wipe out some of the complaints.

At least the weather was better — blue skies with temperatures in the low 50s.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was counting on a crowd of more than 105,000, including stadium workers and media, and fans who bought standing room tickets for plazas outside the stadium.

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110206-fans-displaced-as-temporary-seats-not-ready-nfl-to-offer-triple-refunds-.ece

I read a blurb in the first half that the FM booted around 400 people out because of over capacity. Hope it wasn't these poor people since that would really add to the fustration. Did win the 2nd half square though so I'm happy.