• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Pittsburgh?

I booked about at least a month ago, and could only get an alternate. I will be there 9/21 to 9/24. I booked the Omni William Penn, it was as close as I could get.

I tried a few places a few months ago and reserved the whole time slot for the hearings/convention and then adjusted it when the schedule was released in detail.

I got a decent rate at the "The Industrialist Hotel", not sure of the days you want the weekdays were reasonable, the weekends are crazy insane.

I'll be there. Btw, I will be presenting some propose bylaw amendments to the membership for consideration at the ABM on Monday the 20th. The meeting notice will be coming out the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I think these are good proposed changes but the membership of course has the final say. Safe travels and I'm hoping to see many of you there!

Maybe? I'll be done in October 2022. It will be so enjoyable to go to the 2023 annual business meeting and do as I please!

Oh, I thought you were done with this ABM.

See you in December at the Colorado Chapter ABM?

Next year. The Covid had an impact on that too. I'm hoping that I can get down to Colorado in December. I'll have to wait and see what assignments I get from the new President. But... you know I'd love too!

I know I will be there to speak to my public comment on the 21st. I'm waiting to finalize my plans until they publish the public comments tomorrow. I might need to testify to something. Looks like I better have a good Uber budget from what I'm hearing about hotels...

I know I will be there to speak to my public comment on the 21st. I'm waiting to finalize my plans until they publish the public comments tomorrow. I might need to testify to something. Looks like I better have a good Uber budget from what I'm hearing about hotels...

I even checked VRBO, and didn't find much close. (that was affordable)

I may have room in my room, keep in touch.....Just waiting to hear on a couple CT guys. Glenn, let us know what you are changing so we can support...

Glenn, let us know what you are changing so we can support...
I made a handful of proposals to section 306 (decks, no surprise) in the pool and spa code. SP14 and SP16 were meant to work hand in hand regarding gaps and slope. Unfortunately, the committee had concerns about the allowable maximum slope in SP14. However, its a little weird, because I wasn't really changing the max slope already allowed. I worked with the pool and spa association for their guidance for a public comment change and they could not come up with one. So I submitting the PC to simply overturn the committee. If it's not approved, it will leave a disconnect between gapping and slope. For required gaps, slope is an exception. For required slope, gaps are an exception. Currently the ISPSC requires both at the same time. Please take a look at it and if you agree, I would love your support. If you have any questions, comments, or disagreement, I would love to hear about it. Thanks so much for asking. Here's a few links to help.

Proposals: https://www.iccsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/ISPSC-2021-Group-A.pdf

Committee response:
Committee Reason: The maximum of a 1/2 inch per foot slope should have been addressed in the proposal. The Committee wants the
stakeholders to get together to create a public comment that addresses the various types of decking currently available and to find a solution for the
maximum of a 1/2 inch per foot slope. (7-4)

Public comment: It will be published tomorrow. SP14-21

I made a handful of proposals to section 306 (decks, no surprise) in the pool and spa code. SP14 and SP16 were meant to work hand in hand regarding gaps and slope. Unfortunately, the committee had concerns about the allowable maximum slope in SP14. However, its a little weird, because I wasn't really changing the max slope already allowed. I worked with the pool and spa association for their guidance for a public comment change and they could not come up with one. So I submitting the PC to simply overturn the committee. If it's not approved, it will leave a disconnect between gapping and slope. For required gaps, slope is an exception. For required slope, gaps are an exception. Currently the ISPSC requires both at the same time. Please take a look at it and if you agree, I would love your support. If you have any questions, comments, or disagreement, I would love to hear about it. Thanks so much for asking. Here's a few links to help.

Proposals: https://www.iccsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/ISPSC-2021-Group-A.pdf

Committee response:
Committee Reason: The maximum of a 1/2 inch per foot slope should have been addressed in the proposal. The Committee wants the
stakeholders to get together to create a public comment that addresses the various types of decking currently available and to find a solution for the
maximum of a 1/2 inch per foot slope. (7-4)

Public comment: It will be published tomorrow. SP14-21
I did IBC general and egress and Fire for our NE group so I did not really see your stuff, but I will spread the word and see where our group landed and see if we can incorporate into our voting guide...